[sakai-core-team] Work on migrating to github

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Dec 22 14:05:43 PST 2014

Yeah, we can adjust this so only osp and metaobj have the same permissions
as they do presently. In-case anyone still has to commit to there. Probably
easier than moving it somewhere else. Just exclude them from the github
commit.

Ideally we'd have a reference cleanup or split out the non-production
stuff, as more than half of it (30-40MB) either is out of date or only
reference material. Basically the docs directory, all of the old editors
and other javascript no longer used in the webapp and all of the sample
skins, which by 11 won't really be useful. There's a lot of stuff that can
really add up to the initial checkout size and space on disk. For some
people it doesn't matter but we have some schools in low bandwidth
countries were 100MB can take awhile to checkout.

I guess it's not a blocker for github but for sure would be nice to focus
on cleaning up as it would have a big overall impact, as much as code
cleanup has on maintainability.

Thanks!