[sakai-core-team] Blockers for 10.3?

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Dec 3 09:15:00 PST 2014

It looks to me like

has been explained completely, based on JuanJo's comment, and is no longer
a concern. (Thanks Juanjo!)

My vote would be to cut RC01 this week (assuming Sam O. is available to do
this.)

If we have to wait for Matt J., then we cannot cut an RC01 this week.

A compromise could be to "freeze" 10.x  and agree not to do any merges, and
I will call for a 10.x "break-a-thon".  :-)  I've been asking some folks to
start testing 10.x. If we cut 10.3-RC01 next week we might not have enough
time for additional testing and our December 12 date for release could be
in jeopardy.

Of course, all the issues merged into 10.x/10.3 have been verified and
working off what sounds like a very stable 10.2 platform, but given that we
already had one blocker emerge [1] (already fixed and merged) , I worry
about the potential for other regressions to be caused. The good news is
that we have about 180 merges in 10.3. The bad news we have about 180
merges into 10.3. The more issues we have the release, the more likely some
bugs will slip by us.

We have had significant testing in Samigo and Assignments, but it seems
like a good idea to do more before releasing. Probably we could use overall
"smoke" testing, some additional testing on Content/Resources , and trying
to find edge cases in any tool, the "break-a-thon" idea.  I think we've got
about 3 - 4 testers lined up. We could use more, since we are in short time
crunch.

My 2 cents.

[1]  Actually turned into security issue, so will not list the Jira, but it
relates to "Attach Copy" function of resources into various tools. It is
fixed, verified and merged.

-- Neal