[sakai-core-team] apereo 2014 bootcamp

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Tue Apr 29 18:26:06 PDT 2014

I am planning a Sakai bootcamp for the Apereo conference. The topics
will be the same as last year with the addition of covering tech
changes in Sakai 10. The emphasis will be on covering admin topics and
touching on dev questions.

Let me know if you are interested in helping cover something
(webservices, skinning, etc.). I would like to get anyone who is
positive they can assist added to the schedule (credit where due and
all that).

I am also planning to send out an announcement to the dev list in a
couple days so people can plan to attend if interested.

Here is the abstract from the conference schedule:
This half-day seminar will focus on installing, configuring, and
integrating with Sakai for system administrators,
developers, and technical support staff. This will be an introduction
to Sakai from a technical perspective and will cover the following
topics:
- What is Sakai
- Brief history of Sakai
- New tech in Sakai 10
- Installation gotchas and tips
- Basics of branding
- System configuration
- Sakai admin tools and basics of site setup and management
- Authentication and User providers
- Installing contributed tools and plugins
- Integrating with other systems (LTI, SOAP Webservices, REST)
- Managing local code changes and customizations
- Basics of Sakai development (code structure and conventions)
Participants will be exposed to everything they will need to basically
install, customize,
and support a Sakai installation at their institution.

-AZ