[Deploying Sakai] Plan to move to Apereo Google Groups

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Feb 16 14:05:55 PST 2015

Hi Production subscribers!

Does anybody have an objection if I plan to move the list to Apereo Google
Groups next week? This is a tentative schedule as there are still a couple
of technical issues I need to resolve.

Basically, the way it will work is:

1) A new Apereo Google group will be created called
sakai-production at apereo.org

2) All users who have accounts in production at collab.sakaiproject.org will
get copied, behind the scenes.

3) We will announce that you should start using sakai-production at apereo.org
instead of production at collab.sakaiproject.org

4) We will turn off production at collab.sakaiproject.org after sending that
message from the apereo.org and the collab.sakaiproject.org lists.

5) Shortly thereafter (but maybe not immediately), we will move the static
archived data to a static public website so that those old messages can
still be found.

Thanks!
Neal