[Deploying Sakai] Conditional Release for grade is non-blank not working consistently

Anand Mehta anand.mehta at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 08:37:01 PDT 2014

Hello,

One of our instructors has set conditional release on some folders in the Resources tool using the "grade is non-blank" for GB items that are linked to the Tests & Quizzes tool. One student reported that he could not see the next module's folder even though he had completed the required assessment and received a score. I confirmed that the condition was met in his case and also verified that other students who had also met the condition, were able to see the next module's folder.

I checked T&Q scores page and the GB item related to this condition, but did not find any problems. I tried saving the details of a folder with the conditional release setting without changing anything and saw a NPE in the logs (please see attached). Saving details for some folders in this course with conditional release throws this exception, while there are no errors for other folders.

I searched email lists and JIRA and most related issues were fixed in previous releases - we are using Sakai 2.9.2 with Oracle 11g. We would like to see if anyone come across this situation or have any hints that we can try?

Thanks,
Anand