[Deploying Sakai] Sakai 10.2 released!

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Oct 14 18:33:40 PDT 2014

[sakai-dev, sakai-qa, production, sakai-pmc]

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of Sakai 10.2 !

Thanks to all involved for getting this release out so quickly. We have
about 70 bug fixes. Perhaps the top things you should be aware of is:

* Contains about 70 bug fixes [1]
* There was an Oracle upgrade script issue going back to 10.0 [2] , for
now you should use the latest upgrade scripts on trunk [3]
* A roster bug that has not been figured out yet [4], but we did not
want to hold up other important fixes.
* On our release page [5] you will find all of the binaries and pointers
to source code that you need.
* I'll be sending out a short and sweet, non-technical notice to the
community on Wednesday
* AFAICT I've updated all the public facing documentation:
         - Confluence [6]
         - www.sakaiproject.org [7]
         - and the release page mentioned on [4]
* Jira has been updated and a 10.3 version has been added

[1] List of bug fixes - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=14999
[2] Oracle upgrade script issue -
[3] Upgrade scripts on trunk -
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/reference/trunk/docs/conversion/
[4] Roster issue still unresolved -
[5] Release page with binaries - http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/
[6] Confluence release notes includes 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2 -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+10+Release+Notes
[7] www.sakaiproject.org and https://www.sakaiproject.org/node/105 , etc.

Best regards,
Neal Caidin