[Deploying Sakai] Proposal: Add Anonymous grading into Sakai 10.3

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Nov 24 06:00:24 PST 2014

[sakai-dev, production, i18n, and sakai-pmc]

Proposal: Include the feature for anonymous grading in the assignment
tool in the 10.3 release [1], off by default [2].  (Note: the feature
has already been merged into 10.x, so we would have to revert changes to
remove it.)

Rationale:
The feature been tested by Western University in production successfully
since September 2014. University of Cape Town has also been running this
on 10.x successfully. S2U (Spanish speaking users group) has tested it
in 10.x . As was mentioned, the change is off by default in 10.x (10.3)
. There are new strings introduced:
grading.anonymous=Anonymous grading
grading.anonymous.title=anonymous
submitted.date.redacted=(date withheld)

Being off by default means the change is non-disruptive to the user
experience. We will not turn this on by default until 10.4 or later to
allow time for string translations.

Time frame:

By lazy consensus everyone in the development community is encouraged to
provide feedback and input, though the final decision rests with the
PMC. If they do not hear any objections by Tuesday, December 2, 2014,
then the proposal will be considered as passing.

For reference see the Maintenance Branch Merge Policy [3].

[1] New feature - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17606

[2] Disabled by default - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-28076

[3]Maintenance Branch Merge policy -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/Maintenance+Branch+Merge+Policy