[Deploying Sakai] QA testers needed for Sakai 10 QA03 and later

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Mar 3 12:06:08 PST 2014

[ apereo announcements, sakai : qa, dev, production, user, pedagogy,
accessibility, internationalization]

Sakai 10 testers still needed!

We have 4 testers including myself signed up, whereas in QA01 and QA02
we had 24!

For a limited time (if you count all of the Sakai 10 release cycle
limited), I'll be happy to work with anybody who would like one-on-one
training on submitting their first Jiras.

How can you help test?

Adopt-a-Tool [1] - pick a tool that is important or used heavily by your
institution. Test it in any way that works for your institutions needs.
Open new Jiras and report back to neal.caidin at apereo.org (including if
the tool passes your testing, and no jiras needed)

Jira - When issues are fixed in trunk (the instance of Sakai that has
the very latest code contributions) we test them before merging them
into the Sakai 10 branch (the instance of Sakai that will be released as
Sakai 10). You could take a Jira and verify it. [2]

Regression and checklist testing - We have Regression scripts and
testing checklists for many tools. For those that don't we could use
your help especially if you are familiar with the tool and it's main
functions. Our complete plan is available now. [3]

[1] Adopt-a-tool signup sheet - http://bit.ly/sakai10adopt

[2] Jira issues - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=13763

[3] Sakai 10-QA03 test plan -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/%28active%29+Sakai+10+QA03+Testing

[4] Sakai 10 QA hub, to keep up with the latest -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/Sakai+10+QA+hub

--
Neal Caidin
Sakai Community Coordinator