[Deploying Sakai] custom site type vs site template - differences?

Kurosch Petzold kurosch.petzold at fu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 2 05:07:57 PDT 2014

Hey,

I know you all are busy due to #Apereo14 but could someone help me please.

Well I have a problem that can either be solved by an project site
template or by creating a custom site type. And therefore I was searching
for any documentation about either solutions, but unfortunatly the info is
rather rare. So I would like to know what are the benefits of one over the
other.

TL,DR:
what are the differences between custom site types and lets say project
site templates.

Best regards,
Kurosch Petzold