[Deploying Sakai] Sakai 10.1 status

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Jul 31 10:25:34 PDT 2014

[all Sakai collab lists]

Hi All,

At the Sakai core team meeting today, we realized that there is still a
bit more to do before we cut an RC01 (our first release candidate).
Typically for a maintenance release we only need one or two release
candidates before we cut the GA (general availability aka production)
release. We are hoping that one release candidate will be sufficient for
10.1 .  Based on that assumption our schedule is :

Target dates
* 10.1-RC01  to be released August 7/8
* 10.1 to be released August 15

We've used up our slack time, so please help us make these dates. We
want the 10.1 release to be of use to folks upgrading later this year. :-)

Kudos
We've made huge progress. Thank you all involved! We had about 130
issues to be tested and are now down to below 50! A lot of good bug
fixin' going on as well. They fixed those bugs faster than a hog
sniffing out truffles in a mushroom field. [I'm trying to be Southern,
U.S.A style, just isn't working ;-). 24 years in North Carolina hasn't
penetrated.].

What Remains [1]
Fixes to ElasticSearch need additional testing
A couple of potential blocker bugs need to be reviewed
A little more QA testing and then RC01 testing (plus documentation)

What can you do?
Help review blocker bugs
Help with QA
Plan to help with RC01 testing after August 7/8 . For more information,
subscribe to the appropriate list. [2]
We anticipate needing some regression testing against Lessons, and
possibly a few other target areas.

[1] Blocker bugs
         https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-2176 - Answers are
mis-aligned when reviewing a students multiple choice quiz.
         https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-27685 - Upgrade
ElasticSearch to 1.1.2
         https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-26255 - Error when
velocity.log cannot get created in startup directory

[2] To keep up with the latest on QA testing subscribe either to
         http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai-dev -
Developer's list. Heavy traffic.
testers list. Lighter traffic. [recommended]

Cheers,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin