[Deploying Sakai] Sakai 10.1 - more QA testing needed!

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Jul 25 06:25:58 PDT 2014

[production, sakai-dev, sakai-qa, sakai-docs, i18n, accessibility,
sakai-user, portfolio, pedagogy]

Hi All,

Please complete testing of fixed Jiras (including translations!) by
Wednesday, July 30 [1]. We would like to cut an RC01 (release candidate
01) sometime next week to keep on track for an early to mid August release.

Originally we targeted today to complete merging of fixes and release an
RC01 (release candidate 01). At the Sakai core team meeting yesterday
[2] we decided to extend the schedule a little so that the following
tasks can be completed:

1) We had two blockers identified yesterday which are fixed and need
testing. We verified one on the call and anticipate verifying the other
blocker shortly.

2) A more reliable export CC 1.3 (Common Cartridge, an IMS standard)
[3]. is being carefully tested for interoperability with Canvas.

3) Some fixes to Elastic Search, the new default search engine for Sakai
10, should get into 10.1 (I'm not sure which Jiras exactly)

4) An additional possible blocker has been identified, which might
require fixing or rolling back some code [4].

Keep the great progress going!

[1] List of fixed issues, need testing -
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=14299
[2] Sakai Core team - http://etherpad.ctools.org/p/rmmt-2014-07-24
[3] IMS Common Cartridge - http://www.imsglobal.org/cc/
[4] Potential new blocker -  https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1281