[Deploying Sakai] Short Status update for Sakai 10

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Feb 13 08:48:18 PST 2014

[sakai-dev , sakai-qa, production, i18n, a11y]

The Contrib tools are being merged into Core. Pretty far along in the
process. Some cleanup work may be needed. The main contrib tools are
Delegated Access, Signup Tool , and Roster 2. Dependencies are Hierarchy
and External Calendaring service.

After Contrib tools are merged, then we will be creating a Sakai 10
branch, essentially kicking off our code freeze (only bugs fixed, no
more work on features) and the beginning of string freeze (i.e.
properties files that can be used for translations).

And after that we will create a QA03 and start our more focused and
intensive testing so that we can get to a release candidate.

When we get a little further along, I'll post another announcement to
the broader community (i.e. including other active email lists) giving
them a heads up on the plans, since we will need as much help as we can
get for QA testing, both full regression testing and verifying Jiras.
I'll be reposting our Adopt-a-Tool strategy. And I'm open to other,
simpler ways of engaging testers (I've heard some feedback that Jira is
just too complicated for folks who are not in it every day).

Making good progress though a little behind our target milestones. More
to come.

Cheers,
Neal

--