[Deploying Sakai] NOW OPEN! Call for Proposals for Open Apereo 2015 (Apereo/Sakai/Jasig)

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Dec 11 06:06:53 PST 2014

Open Apereo 2015 - Higher Education ...

Open Source in a New Age

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel - Baltimore, MA

May 31-June 4, 2015

#apereo15

Open source software is emerging into a new age. It’s an age of software as
a service and proprietary cloud offerings, yet with an ever advancing open
agenda within higher education. Scarcely a day goes by without a sign of
growing support for open content, open access publishing, open data, open
science - and more. What lies behind these seemingly contradictory
developments? Are they an occasion for retreat, or for re-affirmation of
key values applied to a new landscape? What is the role of the open source
community and non-profit foundation in this new age? Apereo, and its sister
organization, ESUP, represent a global network of almost two hundred higher
education institutions and commercial partners. Come and join the
conversation about higher education open source in a new age.

  NOW OPEN! Call for Proposals for Open Apereo 2015

Look how far we’ve come! Get ready to learn new things, make new friends,
and share your stories at our Open Apereo 2015 conference in Baltimore,
Maryland! This year’s conference will be held in the heart of Baltimore’s
Inner Harbor, with plenty of dining, shopping, and entertainment right on
the picturesque waterfront - see more at: Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace
Hotel
<http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bwish-renaissance-baltimore-harborplace-hotel/>.

We invite you to submit a proposal now!

Apereo has grown. Come and learn about an expanding range of software
produced by higher education, for higher education, including:

   -

   Opencast Matterhorn - enterprise lecture capture and media platform
   -

   UniTime - Scheduling and timetabling designed for higher education
   -

   Karuta - a next generation eportfolio solution
   -

   Bedework - Calendaring for the higher education enterprise
   -

   Xerte - Authoring highly accessible and rich content for learning
   -

   EDExchange - next generation secure transcript exchange
   -

   Student Success Plan - production-ready analytics for student success
   -

   The Sakai Collaboration and Learning Environment
   -

   uPortal - now equipped with responsive design, the higher education
   portal framework
   -

   CAS - single sign on for the higher education enterprise and beyond
   -

   Apereo Open Academic Environment. Next generation collaboration for
   learning, teaching and research
   -

   uMobile - mobile solutions for your campus

There’s nothing up our sleeve. All our software is 100% open source;
produced openly by our community, openly available, with nothing held back.

It’s not just the software. Come to learn about community building in
practice. Join the conversations in our teaching and learning community,
learner analytics initiative, and more.

The Open Apereo Conference is designed to be an international, inclusive
event, providing opportunities for community members to:

   -

   Present perspectives based on institutional experience, learn from the
   experience of others, exchange ideas, develop dialogue, and form new
   partnerships
   -

   Develop an understanding of multiple areas of the academic enterprise by
   looking beyond immediate interests and appreciating both commonalities and
   differences
   -

   Organize community-wide, project-based, or institutional discussion,
   dialogue, and practical collaborative work

Schedule:

   -

   May 31: Pre-conference workshops
   -

   June 1-June 3: Main conference
   -

   June 4: Post conference meetings

DEADLINE AND REVIEW

The deadline for proposals is February 9, 2015. As proposals are received,
the program committee will review and accept submissions during the open
submission period. The committee expects to have all proposals reviewed and
final acceptances by March 6. Please note that you may login and
edit/review this proposal only through the cutoff date of February 9, 2015.
The deadline for submissions is February 9, 2015.  Early Bird Proposals
entered by January 23 will be eligible for early review decisions by
February 6.

The Apereo conference in Baltimore is a global networking point for
practitioners. There will be opportunities during and around the conference
for meeting, sharing, and learning from others in our global community.

We look forward to your proposal!

https://www.concentra-cms.com/cfp/p/OA2015

Sincerely,

Ian Dolphin, Executive Director, Apereo Foundation

Laura McCord, Open Apereo 2015 Planning Committee Chair

Reba-Anna Lee, Open Apereo 2015 Program Committee Co-chair
Mac Stewart, Open Apereo 2015 Program Committee Co-chair