[Deploying Sakai] Sakai Load Balancer Setup

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 1 04:36:53 PST 2014

We have been using Apache round robin (with sticky sessions) todo load
balancing but are currently reviewing this as we are switching to a
Netscaler and was wondering what setups others have successfully
deployed. Personally I've always been wary of the number of Sakai
sessions being handled by a node and so was wondering about having the
Netscaler monitor this and use it as the metric for allocating new
sessions.

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford