[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] ClientAbortException: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

Warwick Chapman warwickchapman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 12:02:31 PDT 2013

Noah, thank you for this.  Much appreciated.  Let me try the 4G heap on the
VMs with 8G of memory.  The third VM has 6GB and I cannot increase it much
more than that.

The proviso of 25% for the system would then also fit into that VM with Xmx
4G (67%) and system 2G (33%).

I'm going to give it a crack.  If it goes down, there's be no heap
analysis, I'll have find somewhere to hide.

Aspirant members of parliament writing 'candidate tests' - the people take
becoming an MP *very* seriously, and don't take lightly to the server
falling over mid-test.  It happened on Saturday last week - during the 24
hours period the exam ran for, I lost application servers times for 250
applicants.  At that stage I had an Xmx of 1024m, and 2 vCPUs (and then 4
during a running reconfigure) per appserver.

Now I have an extra appserver, Xmx of 4G and 4 vCPUs per appserver.

-- Warwick Bruce Chapman | +27 83 7797 094 | http://warwickchapman.com