[Deploying Sakai] Replacing Log4j with Logback

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu May 30 07:48:25 PDT 2013

I agree with John and think we should just fix the code to use the new
framework rather than mess around with bridges and whatnot. If it is
untouched code then they should be dependency jars - if we have the code we
should modify it as we need to.

This could perhaps be made easier by just using the Lombok annotation on
the various classes to inject the Log initialisation at compile time. I use
this annotation library everywhere I can to reduce boilerplate:

http://projectlombok.org/features/Log.html

cheers,
Steve