[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Zombie sessions associated with WebDAV

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Thu Mar 21 07:03:26 PDT 2013

Michigan has also been seeing a high number of "zombie" sessions since we've upgraded to 2.9.0 (we leapfrogged from 2.7.2 to 2.9.0, so the problem could well have been introduced in 2.8).

We'll be testing SAK-19592 to look at the possibility that "PROPFIND for a non-existant resource should return SC_BAD_REQUEST (not NOT_FOUND), to avoid problems with sessions not being cleared" -- but this is conjecture at this point, so we'll have to wait to see what difference this makes in testing and production.

Thanks Alan for the link to litmus test - we'll look into running that as well.

- Beth