[Deploying Sakai] Sakai CLE 2.9.2 schedule and QA testing

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Mon Mar 11 07:44:38 PDT 2013

[sent to qa, dev, and prod lists]

Hi All,

The plan for Sakai CLE 2.9.2 release is to complete development, testing and merging by the end of this month, March, and release beta and/or release candidates during April for release at the end of April / beginning of May.

For now, please use the filter "2.9 Fixed Issues ready for Testing" - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=13592  .   Test these issues on Trunk - http://trunk.sakaiqa.org and if you can confirm the Jira issue is fixed, click "Tested" so that the Branch managers know to merge the issue into 2.9.x .  Please note, you will not see the Tested button on the Jira unless you are logged in and a member of the QA testing group in Jira. Please contact me if you need to be added to this group.

One urgent need is to perform a regression test on the CK Editor.  There has been some behind-the-scenes infrastructure work which should not impact CK Editor functionality, and we need to verify that this is true. I've created a Jira ticket to track CK Editor issues at - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23296 . Please create sub-issues of this Jira to report issues.

The CK Editor Regression test script is - http://bit.ly/ZDs8H6

Any help you can provided (partial regression) would be appreciated. The more eyes on it the better.

More information coming soon!

Please feel free to contact me at nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org

Thanks,

Neal Caidin