[Deploying Sakai] Replacing Log4j with Logback

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Fri Jun 7 08:44:27 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM, Seth Theriault <slt at columbia.edu> wrote:

> Comments, counterproposals, and questions are welcomed and encouraged.
> I will be in San Diego next week, so feel free to talk to me there as
> well.

Based on feedback received on list and the discussion at the TCC
meetings in San Diego, I am going to modify this proposal as follows:

1) Do more experimentation to confirm viability of using the bridging
APIs to eliminate the need to make wholesale changes to the entire
code base.

2) Identify other minimally intrusive changes to specific files as required

Overall, the idea of using the bridging APIs seemed popular if a
switch to Logback is to be made. I foolishly fell victim to the
blinders-on, all-or-nothing view in my original proposal. My thanks to
the cooler heads that prevailed on me to re-examine the error of my
ways.

Seth