[Deploying Sakai] Status of CLE 2.9.3

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Jul 3 12:06:52 PDT 2013

Hey All,

Summary
--------------------
We seem to be getting close to a CLE 2.9.3 - RC01 (release candidate 01). We have one critical/blocker issue which looks mostly resolved, SAK-23733 and several other issues are getting cleared up. If we are able to complete SAK-23733 issue in the next day or two (and keep in mind this is a short week and holiday weekend in the U.S. , so this likely means early next week), tie up a few loose ends, and start merging more issues into 2.9.x (QA server refreshed daily at http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8087/portal ) we might be able to start testing next week against 2.9.x and perhaps get RC01 cut. Not a sure thing, but looking better than it was!

Details
-------------------
Thanks to Noah Botimer and Chuck Hedrick it looks like https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23733 is very close to being resolved.

Chuck has also fixed https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/LSNBLDR-216, removing JW player (which has a license conflict with ECL v2, Sakai's open source license)  and while we are still testing, to me this is looking pretty good (multimedia is not easy to test because of all the different browser/os/media plug-in combinations and some confusion as to expected behaviors).

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/LSNBLDR-249 - seems fixed (may need testing?)

This one needs verifying and merging - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23749 - Lessons conversion script for 2.9.3 . Needs a dev to verify. Any volunteers?

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1060 - needs merging

And a few more loose ends we might need to check. Plus merging which needs to be done.

Happy July 4th  folks in America , and have a great weekend all!

I feel like I'm missing something?  Hmmmm…  will keep you posted - after the July 4th holiday.

Cheers,
Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Coordinator