[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Keeping access to graduated student's data

Laura Gekeler lgekeler at nd.edu
Thu Apr 18 09:45:53 PDT 2013

David,
I understand Virginia Tech to have been a Sakai institution for several years. What has changed at VT? Do your requirements also include returning to view the records/data from students already removed from LDAP?

After 1 year, we (Notre Dame) are currently working with rSmart (our host) to convert our externally provisioned LDAP users into internal Sakai users provisioned by periodic file transfer. Our Notre Dame  IdM team will create the provisioning file and be able to track who is provisioned based on their database. We’re using CAS auth. An LDAP lookup will still be used to support WebDAV.

The only drawback in the user conversion scripting and our maintenance processes going forward is there doesn’t appear to be a straight forward way of re-assigning the already given Sakai Internal Id to an alternate ND id to support changes to the login ID.

Curious to know more,
Laura