[Deploying Sakai] New Sakai node not pulling in the first search journal transaction

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Fri Jul 6 04:26:34 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Matthew Buckett
<matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thanks Seth, sadly before we did this search decided to do something
> and filled up it's local 50GB partition and then started moaning.
>
> Normally the local search indexes seem to be about 9GB so something
> strange is going on.

Once the partition fills, you will have to stop Sakai, clear out the
indexwork, copy over the files, modify the NODE_STATUS table, and then
restart Sakai, all on the affected node.

In my experience, filling the partition while trying to rebuild the
indexes is "normal" behavior for a new brand-new node or any one that
is really far "behind" compared to the others (or the indexer, in my
case). I haven;t found anyway around it, except to give it unlimited
space -- which I had to do when the indexer node had to rebuild.

Seth