[Deploying Sakai] tool_base.css location issue?

McCoy, William wmccoy at lagrange.edu
Fri Jan 6 11:19:46 PST 2012

All:

  I don't know if this is a bug or something that I have mis-configured.
I have been using Sakai 2.8.1 for a couple of weeks and I noticed that
the menus within tools are stacked vertically rather than horizontal
lists.   For instance the New Edit and Delete in Worksite Setup were not
listed across.    I didn't notice it until I was using Site Info in one
of my courses and ALL those menu options were vertical.  The membership
list was pushed off the bottom of the window.

I checked the tool.css and tool_base.css files and there didn't seem to
be anything wrong.   Ultimately, I looked at the HTML that was being
served and the reference for the tool_base.css did not have the default
directory listed in front of it.  If I had made a mistake with the
location of the skins directory in sakai.properties all of the .css
files would be wrong.  (Note that we branded our instance of Sakai as
Mentor.)

Snip

<link href="/library/skin/default/portal.css" type="text/css"
rel="stylesheet" media="all" />

    <title>Mentor : My Workspace : Worksite Setup</title>

<link href="/library/skin/tool_base.css" type="text/css"
rel="stylesheet" media="all" />

<link href="/library/skin/default/tool.css" type="text/css"
rel="stylesheet" media="all" />

End Snip

I copied tool_base.css into the skin directory and issue went away.  Is
there something else awry?

Thanks,

  Bill

William J. McCoy, IV, Ph.D.

Professor and Chair of Chemistry & Physics

Director of Instructional Technology

LaGrange College

601 Broad St.

LaGrange, GA 30240

Voice:  706-880-8772

wmccoy at lagrange.edu <mailto:wmccoy at lagrange.edu>

Challenging the mind.  Inspiring the soul.