[Deploying Sakai] Can't access binary content

Diego Fernández diegofsza at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:00:08 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm running a Sakai OAE server as an evaluation platform for my university
in Argentina. I'm also making some customizations to it, that made me build
several releases based on distinct versions of sakai, starting with sakai
oae 1.1 until 1.3.

The physical server i'm running Sakai as an evaluation, serves it main
purpose hosting a blog (based on joomla). This blog was hacked last week
(the blog admin didn't give me much info about it) and as a result, I found
the sakai service down as well. I found that some files under the sakai
sling directory had wrong permissions, which were making sakai impossible
to start. After fixing that issue, i found the following problem:

My library and contacts were empty. So I did a full solr reindexation, and
everything looks better now, except that all the binary content that was
uploaded before is not accessible. I mean, i can see that someone uploaded
an image entity, but I can not see the image itself. I thought of some kind
of corruption of the jackrabbit data store, but I don't know what i should
do now to try to recover all the binary content.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Diego