[Deploying Sakai] Call for feedback on Upgrade Bundle technical requirements/design

Ray Davis ray at media.berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 10 09:32:41 PDT 2011

FWIW, I completely understand John's reaction, and if I hadn't been
tracking the increase in upgrade difficulty from the inside, and then
had the unpleasant experience of trying a few upgrades in practice (one
of which necessitated a complete data wipe), I too might push against
those requirements. It'll be great if someone on the project team
figures out a way to trim them down. Unfortunately, I think it's just a
debt we have to pay.

(Disclaimer: Like John and Eli, I'm an interested party rather than a
member of the project team.)

Best,
Ray