[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Help required on Assignments tool

Kevin Chan kevin at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 7 07:54:45 PDT 2011

Hi Naira,

Sorry for not catching your email earlier, but I believe you are running
into the following issue:

I believe the reason why some sites do not work is possibly any one or a
combination of the following:
a) when an instructor attempts to "Download All" or "Release Grades"
with "All Sections/Groups" selected AND a student has submitted an
assignment prior to dropping the course
b) when multiple rosters are combined in one course site or if one
roster has more than 200 students enrolled

Reason a) was submitted by University of North Carolina against 2.6.3 in
November 2010 (and is in the original description of the above ticket)
while reason b) was just added as a comment by University of Virginia today.

I believe there was also a bit of an attempt to workaround the "Download
All" issue with:

Whereby a "Download All" link (that works) will appear after a failed
"Download All" attempt, so you might want to see if this link appears
after a failed attempt. Unfortunately, I do not think this fix made it
into Sakai 2.7.1 release, so you may need to patch it yourself (it's in
the 2.7.x branch at revision 92331) or wait until 2.7.2 comes out.

Finally, I have just asked Zhen to see if she can make the workaround
text of SAK-19782 a bit more prominent as the font for the text does not
really stand out and thus, our instructors completely misses it and then
calls our support staff anyways.

Hope that helps.

   Kevin Chan

   Operations Team