[Deploying Sakai] problem with storing binary content on the filesystem

wendy lee lhh at mail.sysu.edu.cn
Sun Oct 30 17:53:33 PDT 2011

hi, all

I store binary content on the filesystem of CentOS.
I can upload files with filename in chinese using Resources tool. Yet it reports "HTTP Status 404" when I clicked the files.
If using files with english filename, they can be downloaded or read successfully.
I use sakai2.8, centos6.0 and tomcat5.5.33. I have set chinese supported according to the release notes of 2.8 and chinese words are display correctly in IE.
Why it happen? Thanks a lot!