[Deploying Sakai] Time zone mismatch on sakai 2.8

Mike De Simone michael.desimone at rsmart.com
Tue Nov 29 07:42:57 PST 2011

This might be an oracle thing.  I just checked MySQL that's running Sakai
2.8 and events & session times are in the local time rather than GMT.  I do
actively set the timezone as a java system property, so maybe that
overrides something?

e.g., in setenv.sh: JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Duser.timezone=US/Pacific"

Thanks,

Mike DeSimone
Lead Systems Engineer
*r**Smart* | 602-490-0473