[Deploying Sakai] Time zone mismatch on sakai 2.8

Eduardo eduzav at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 05:46:08 PST 2011

Hy, we’re using Sakai 2.8 on Argentina and we have difference time between
application and database ( three hours mismatch)

Example: when a user logs on application at 17hs the sesión_start field on
table is 20hs

The time zone of Argentina is GMT -3.

All servers (backend and frontends) are synchronizing the hour using ntp
protocol ( <http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/ar> ar.pool.ntp.org) and the time
zone configurated is GMT+3 (the operating systems are OEL 5.5)

On backend we’re using Oracle 10g release 4 and the time configurated on
instance is OK.

select systimestamp from dual;

29/11/2011 10:32:06,241764 AM -03:00

select current_timestamp from dual;

29/11/2011 10:29:39,827614 AM -03:00

The time on application layout is Ok but the time on oracle table is
incorrect.

The table we’re monitoring is sakai.session and the fields are SESSION_START
and SESSION_END.

On the other hand catalina evironment is:

CATALINA_OPTS='-server -Xms512m -Xmx3072m -XX:PermSize=128m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:NewSize=192m -XX:MaxNewSize=384m
-Djava.awt.headless=true -Dhttp.agent=Sakai
-Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false
-Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=33331
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Duser.language=es
-Duser.region=ES'

I don’t know how can I fix that error, what do you suggest me?

Thanks,

Eduardo Zavala