[Deploying Sakai] CKEditor and Spellcheck

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Nov 1 14:10:28 PDT 2011

1) You set the property wysiwyg.editor=ckeditor

2) You actually have to modify a js file, either in the source or webapp to
change the spellchecker behavior right now.
*reference/library/src/webapp/editor/ckeditor.launch.js *
has a comment
            // Uncomment the next line and comment the following to enable
the default spell checker.
            // Note that it uses spellchecker.net, displays ads and sends
content to remote servers without additional setup.

//['Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteText','PasteFromWord','-','Print',
'SpellChecker', 'Scayt'],

This is expanded by the war to webapps/library/editor/ckeditor.launch.js

This was disabled because of the ad's. (SAK-19538) We wanted to do a
writeup on incorporating afterthedeadline and running your own server, but
their readme is pretty good by itself.

http://www.afterthedeadline.com/download.slp?platform=CKEditor

Ideally these could be configured by property somehow.

-Matthew