[Deploying Sakai] Configuring CAS for auth, and Kerberos for WebDAV

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Wed May 4 07:47:07 PDT 2011

Martin B. Smith wrote:

> Ah -- that makes sense. We're working off code based from [1], where it says
> the following:
>
> 171 	public boolean userExists(String userId)
> 172 	{
> 173 	if (m_requirelocalaccount) return false;
> 174
> 175 	boolean knownKerb = userKnownToKerberos(userId);
> 176 	m_logger.info(this + ".userExists: " + userId + " Kerberos: " +
> knownKerb);
> 177 	return knownKerb;
> 178 	} // userExists

I am not sure what [1] refers to but this code is from the Sakai
2.4 version of the Kerberos provider.

More specifically, this code was removed from the stock Kerb
provider in r34683 (September 2007) because of "changes to
UserDirectoryProvider and UserDirectoryService interfaces."

It is not included in 2.5 or later.

Seth