[Deploying Sakai] Partial startup leading to unusable Sakai server

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Mon Mar 14 08:01:52 PDT 2011

Hi all,

My current production environment lead me to program daily app server
restarts.

Sometimes I get a failure 2 hours after restart. This happened on
Mondays so far, but it seems to have happened last Tuesday too.

The first error of the failure is:
ERROR main org.sakaiproject.util.NoisierDefaultListableBeanFactory -
Failed to preinstantiate the singleton named
org.sakaiproject.archive.api.ArchiveService. Destroying all Spring beans.

On a normal and usable startup, I get:
INFO main org.sakaiproject.archive.impl.ArchiveService2Impl - init():
storage path: ...

But I don't get this one on a bad startup.

Does someone have an idea why
org.sakaiproject.archive.impl.ArchiveService2Impl may sometimes not be
initialized?

Cheers,
J-F