[Deploying Sakai] Recent changes to Sakai environment at Columbia

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Tue Jul 26 13:55:30 PDT 2011

Hello,

On 23 July 2011, Columbia University upgraded its production
Sakai environment in preparation for the Fall 2011 semester.

On a single day, we:

- moved from Solaris and Linux physical servers to Linux VMs
- upgraded to Oracle 11
- moved to a new load-balancer
- changed the URL associated with our Sakai service

In addition to these infrastructure changes, we implemented fixes
and updates for core, contrib, and locally developed tools.

For more detailed information, please feel free to contact me
directly.

Seth