[Deploying Sakai] Kerberos Provider and JDK 6 Update 26

Martin B. Smith smithmb at ufl.edu
Tue Jul 19 10:20:42 PDT 2011

On 07/13/2011 01:13 PM, Martin B. Smith wrote:
> I'm currently continuing to work with Redhat, Oracle, and the person who
> wrote the 'fixes' released in update 25. As I said, I'd love to resolve
> it and get update 26 applied..

Hi all,

I have an update to this issue. It looks like the issue grew out of some
particular encryption types, plus their salts, on the KDC that are
handled differently in Java as of update 25. The workaround is to remove
the offending encryption types that Java isn't handling correctly, and
then force an update of the principal.

The Oracle folks tell me it will be fixed in 6u28, which should be
released in October.

Martin B. Smith
smithmb at ufl.edu - (352) 273-1374
CNS/Open Systems Group