[Deploying Sakai] Kerberos Provider and JDK 6 Update 26

Martin B. Smith smithmb at ufl.edu
Tue Jul 12 06:18:47 PDT 2011

On 07/12/2011 06:43 AM, Matthew Buckett wrote:
> We were going to look at upgrading our production instance to the
> latest JDK 6 update (26) but in testing we found this breaks the
> kerberos provider, we are currently looking into this but I thought
> I'd let other places know incase they run into the same problem.
>
> I've reported this under:
>
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20842
>
> --   Matthew Buckett   VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing
> Services

Hi Matthew,

Do you require preauth for your kerberos principals? Ours is broken too,
if +requires_preauth is set on the principal. It's not specific to
Sakai, though; it breaks anything in Java trying to get a
ticket-granting ticket...

My research shows it's been broken since update 25, and I have tickets
with Redhat and a bug report with Oracle that are both over a week old.

I'd really looooove to get to update 26 :)

Cheers,
--
Martin B. Smith
smithmb at ufl.edu - (352) 273-1374