[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Creating new course types

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Thu Feb 17 12:05:12 PST 2011

Agreed, this was part of the current (and past) University of Michigan
CTools deployment process. The current process uses a xslt to transform the
tool registrations to add categories that are custom to CTools (mostly for
gradtools).

The transform is here
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msub/umich.edu/ctools/ctools-buildscripts/groovybuild/xslt/fixcategory.xslt

It has a dependency on verb.xsl also in that same directory for removing
categories. (For correctly commenting out the xml, couldn't figure it out
without this mode)

Assiuming xalan and serializers are in $LIBDIR (
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/xalan/jars/) you'd run it with something like
this

java -cp $LIBDIR/xalan-2.7.1.jar:$LIBDIR/serializer-2.7.1.jar
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -PARAM 'category.add' 'adhoc' -XSL
fixcategory.xslt -IN sakai.resources.xml

You'd have to put this in a 'find . -name "*.xml" | xargs . . . ' to find
all of the xmls files but it should work out. I'm not 100% sure as the build
process uses groovy to recurse through the xml files looking for matches to
transform.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msub/umich.edu/ctools/ctools-buildscripts/groovybuild/src/main/groovy/edu/umich/ctools/Builder.groovy

-Matthew