[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Samigo - Annoymous survey issue

Karen Tsao ktsao at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 25 11:30:25 PDT 2011

Hi Tom,

>From your records, sounds like there is a bug somewhere. However, I couldn't
reproduce these duplicates by copying the assessments. Can you get more
information to help me to reproduce them? For example, what actions the
instructors have performed on these assessments.

I then followed the foreign key in the SAM_PUBLISHEDMETADATA_T table to the
> SAM_PUBLISHEDASSESSMENT_T table and got the following results.  They
> indicate that the same ALIAS value is used in multiple sites, with varying
> status values.  When I checked with the folks who maintain the site with
> these assessments in it, they tell me that they copied one assessment to
> create the others.  It looks to me like the assessment copy operation is
> copying aliases along with all of the other data, which to me doesn't make a
> lot of sense.
>
> The copy action only copies working copies. That is, the data only gets
copied into SAM_ASSESSMETADATA_T. The aliases in SAM_PUBLISHEDASSESSMENT_T
is created during publish. So even if they are copied into
SAM_ASSESSMETADATA_T, you should have the different values in
SAM_PUBLISHEDASSESSMENT_T. Also, from your example assessment id 4348, there
are two records in SAM_PUBLISHEDASSESSMENT_T:

|               220858 |         4348 | ALIAS |
b7d73f3d838d02f84979079ff5a725881313965489462 |
|               220861 |         4348 | ALIAS |
b7d73f3d838d02f84979079ff5a725881311617657500 |

The second record is the invalid/duplicate alias and you can see its
ASSESSMENTMETADATAID is after the first record. That means the first one is
created during publish and it is an unique alias (I can access it through
http://lms.brocku.ca/samigo-app/servlet/Login?id=b7d73f3d838d02f84979079ff5a725881313965489462<http://lms.brocku.ca/samigo-app/servlet/Login?id=b7d73f3d838d02f84979079ff5a725881311617657500>?).
And then the second invalid/duplicate one is created at a later point. I
don't know how the second record got created. Can you ask if the instructors
modified these published assessments in some way after they published them?

This sounds like a bug in a certain flow. If you can get the navigation
history from instructors, that will help me to figure out the problem.

Thanks,
Karen

mysql> select ID, TITLE, STATUS, LASTMODIFIEDDATE from