[Deploying Sakai] Sakai Down

Larry Dougher ldougher at wsesu.net
Sun Aug 21 19:54:39 PDT 2011

I think the reason it won't work with 8080 is because it's not listening for
tomcat.  I'm using ajp.

Thanks,

Larry

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 21, 2011, at 10:53 PM, Matthew Jones <jonespm at umich.edu> wrote:

Usually on linux you can start it with
apachectl start
or /etc/init.d/apache2 start
or service apache start

On OSX (if there a GUI) there would probably be something like "Sharing->Web
Server)

Not sure why it wouldn't have started at boot though (when you restarted).
You don't have to restart tomcat. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to
connect directly to tomcat, but it might not be listening. You'd have to
look at the tomcat configuration (in the tomcat directory conf/server.xml)

Not sure if you updated recently, but some people report problems with the
OSX 10.6.5 apachectl script.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2644342?start=0&tstart=0