[Deploying Sakai] iTunes U deployment

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Fri Aug 5 06:00:49 PDT 2011

You can use section handle to organize itunesu sites, so ideally you could have course section, project section, etc. However, this feature is not implemented yet in iTunes U tool.

To find out section_handle, you can add the iTunesU tool to a site. When the tool is launched, it outputs several log messages. Please find the one with ShowTree method, and use it for curl command, like the following:

curl 'https://deimos.apple.com/WebObjects/Core.woa/API/ShowTree/example.edu?​credentials=40004001.40004002.5b.5c.5e&identity=&time=1159908125&signature=&x=true' > showtree.xml

Then in the showtree xml, you will find the whole itunesu node structure, including the section node and its handle there.

Just keep in mind that the itunesu credential will expire in one or three minute (I am not sure about the exact time). New credential is always generated when the tool starts up.

HTH,

- Zhen