[Deploying Sakai] Access JSTOR from Sakai

Dunn, Jon William Butcher jwd at indiana.edu
Tue Apr 26 11:34:53 PDT 2011

Hi Jaques,

Sorry for the long-delayed reply, but I was away from the Sakai lists for a while. The current Citation Lists feature in Resources is designed to work with Google Scholar and/or your library's metasearch product (currently SirsiDynix SingleSearch, Serials Solutions 360 Search, or Ex Libris MetaLib).

If your library has one of these metasearch products and you can configure Sakai to point to it, you would be able to use that functionality to search JSTOR from within Sakai and add results to a Citation List. Alternatively, since Google Scholar indexes JSTOR, you could launch a Google Scholar search from Sakai, find results in JSTOR, and return them to a Citation List in Sakai.

You should also be able to export citations from JSTOR in RIS format and use the "Import Citations" feature to bring them into a Sakai citation list.

I hope this is helpful. More information on configuring the Citation Lists feature may be found at <https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/RES/Citations+Helper>. We really need to update that page, but the 2.6.0 configuration instructions should generally apply to 2.7 and 2.8. Let me know if you have questions.

Jon

---
Jon Dunn
Director, Library Technologies and Digital Libraries
IU Bloomington Libraries / University Information Technology Services
Indiana University
jwd at indiana.edu
(812) 855-0953