[Deploying Sakai] How to find out who deleted specific site?

John Leasia jleasia at umich.edu
Tue Apr 19 05:16:06 PDT 2011

Leon,
I use this (on Oracle db) to find the user account that deleted a site
when I know the site id, and usually try to restrict the date because
searching through the event and session tables is (for us) pretty slow
due to their size.  If you don't know the site_id, then you could leave
the 'and ref=...' bit out and you'll find all sites deleted, and use
some sleuthing to figure out which is the one you are interested in.

select  ss.session_user, session_ip, smap.eid,  se.event_date, se.event,
se.ref
from sakai_session ss,  sakai_event se, sakai_user_id_map smap
where ss.session_id = se.session_id
and ss.session_user=smap.user_id
and event = 'site.del'
and ref = '/site/' || '<put siteid here>'
and se.event_date > sysdate - 2

John