[Deploying Sakai] Sakai 2.7.1 performance issues

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Sun Sep 26 23:57:29 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I know that Sam Ottenhof has been doing some work on missing indexes for post 2.7.1, so I hope he comments on list.

Chris Kretler (UMICH) is the QA lead for performance during the 2.8 QA cycle and will be stress testing (with the support of Steve Giffens)  high risk area's to limit the risk of missing index's.  I notice Wiley had performed a series of stress tests and found similar missing indexes during the 2.5 cycle. Expert support is always welcome in this area if anyone has time to volunteer.

Charles Hendrick from Rutgers has suggested that one of the significant risks is updating from one version of Sakai to another and forgetting one index or an other. I expect that when 2.8 is released we will also publish in the documentation the expected end schema.

Feedback always welcome,

Alan

Alan Berg
QA Director - The Sakai Foundation