[Deploying Sakai] Sakai & Extended Studies/Distance Learning

Nate Angell nangell at rsmart.com
Fri Sep 3 11:50:13 PDT 2010

In preparation for an upcoming blog post—not unlike mine on Sakai at
business schools
(http://xolotl.org/blog/xolotl/sakai-does-its-business)—I'm hoping to
gather information about institutions that use Sakai specifically to
support extended studies programs and/or fully online distance
learning programs.

Does your extended studies/continuing ed program/school use Sakai as
it's primary LMS? Is Sakai in use at your institution to support
programs that offer fully online distance learning?

I realize the latter category probably describes a lot of Sakai
institutions, but people focused on such programs may not be regular
participants on these lists. Let's help them engage! I'd like to
invite folks focused on extended studies/distance learning to join the
new Sakai Distance Learning (SakaiDL) discussion group and mailing
list:
http://wiki.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Distance+Learning+Group

I'm also thinking it would be great to collect information about
specific programmatic uses of Sakai at your institution. One way might
be to describe what programs/schools/uses Sakai supports at your
institution in our common repository of such information. There's a
field called "Other Information" in your record that could hold such
info:
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&pid=10280

--
Nate Angell