[Deploying Sakai] [Management] installation of Kaltura CE on Sakai

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Sun Oct 31 07:29:35 PDT 2010

Bruce,
Kaltura is a standalone product and should be run like an LDAP server
or an email server. You might have multiple servers installed for
redundancy but otherwise you just need 1 server. Your Sakai instances
would point to the URL in for the kaltura server (or the load balancer
in front of the set of servers). It probably does not make a lot of
sense to place it on the same servers you are running Sakai on but it
would not hurt to use one of them to run the kaltura server.

I think UCT was experimenting with Kaltura so you might check with
Stephen Marquard.

Kaltura CE is supported by the community so your best bet is to get on
the forums.
http://www.kaltura.org/project/community_edition_video_platform
There is also a supported licensed version which you can find more
information about on the kaltura website (they offer technical support
and installation support for that one).

If you just want to experiment, I suggest you start with the hosted
version which you can trial for a month or so. Using that, you can
easily get started in an hour or less. You can sign up here:
http://corp.kaltura.org/about/trial

-AZ

Aaron Zeckoski - Software Engineer - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile