[Deploying Sakai] Attendance

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Sat Oct 30 00:24:28 PDT 2010

Hi Jonathan,

"visits to the Resources tool" don't generate events and won't show up
in Site Stats. Events like content.read relate to an individual file,
and mean that the file has been downloaded.

Regards
Stephen

--
Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
Email / IM (Jabber/XMPP): stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

>>> Jonathan Laird <jlaird at cbs.edu> 10/29/2010 9:29 PM >>>
Do any of your professors take attendance with Sakai?  We have certain
attendance requirements here, and we're trying to figure out how to tell
if online students are watching the lectures that have been posted in
Sakai.  The Site Stats tool almost gives us the information that we
need, but there isn't a way to distinguish between visits to the
Resources tool and an actual download of a podcast.  Does anyone have
suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Laird
Educational Technologist
Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer
published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from
+27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify
the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may
not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail
is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the
sender's individual capacity.

###