[Deploying Sakai] Site-Wide Announcement

“Naira farooq nairafarooq at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 10:20:24 PDT 2010

 Jonathan Laird,

first of all to add announcements to the participants of the site add the
announcement tool to your site. if it is already present then its good
else go the site info link from that site's workspace, then select the adit
tools option from top bar when the page opens select the tool of
"announcements" from the menu and then click "Continue" on next screen
select finish.

once you have done these steps
select the announcement link in the side menu of your site then on the next
screen click on "Add". then a new page will occur where Title, Body and
Access, availability and attachment (Add attachment) fields would be
present. fill in the fields. then under "Access" select the radio button
with option "Only *members of this site* can see this announcement ". after
this click on  add attachment button and then browse for the file after
selecting the file either add more attachments or select continue to go back
to your announcement. now you can see the attachment with your announcement.
now select the add anouncement link your anouncement will be added to the
site. it would be available to the participants of the site instantly when
you published it. it will also appear in the recent announcement link on the
site workspace.

Hope you get help from the explained procedure in this email...
Goodluck with sakai....

--
Naira Farooq Ch
Software Engineer