[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Sharing your list of extra features/fixes used locally that may be helpful for others

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Wed May 19 03:22:26 PDT 2010

We're running 2.6.x with these patches applied:
https://elearning.ufp.pt/wiki/index.php/2.6.x_Source_code_changes

 <https://elearning.ufp.pt/wiki/index.php/2.6.x_Source_code_changes>We have
also applied several patches that were commited to 2.6.x branch (not listed
above) after QA'ed releases (like 2.6.1 and 2.6.2). However, we're changing
our update practice to stick only with QA'ed versions: we're hit by several
bugs introduced by bugfixes, security patches and performance improvements
patches - this is the price of trying to "live on the (2.6.x) edge".

Nuno

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Jean-Francois Leveque <
jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr> wrote:

> Sometimes local changes are not referenced in the community JIRA, you
> even said yours were "stored internally in our local Jira" which might
> not be available for the community.
>
> I've already got input from an institution using Sakai 2.5. Is there an
> institution using 2.6 willing to send me a list of at least their 10
> most wanted changes?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jean-Francois
>
> Adam Marshall a écrit :
> > I could go for that!
> >
> > I remember asking Cambridge a few years ago for such a list and they gave
> pretty much the same response as me!
> >
> > I wonder whether an alternative approach may be to create a new field in
> Jira where institution say that they're usding a particular patch?
> >
> > adam

Nuno Fernandes  .  { Analyst/Programmer }

|| web  . { http://www.ufp.pt  |  http://tinyurl.com/nfgrilo  |  follow_me @
nfgrilo }
|| work . { Universidade Fernando Pessoa  |  Praça 9 de Abril, 349  |
 4249-004 Porto }