[Deploying Sakai] Sakai usage statistics built from database

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Mon May 10 01:04:30 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Sorry for jumping in late - I was out of office last week.

Yes, STAT-61 provides some global sakai stats but there are a few
inconvenients:

   - requires that SAKAI_EVENT and SAKAI_SESSION to be intact;
   - queries are directed to these tables so:
      - it's slow
      - it doesn't use any new tables

We don't use this at production. One alternative is to add "SiteStats Admin"
tool to Administration Workspace, create a private report and set "All
sites" on the sites to report. This allows to report on all sites with
SiteStats tool and can give you stats like "most used tool"...

For other yearly stats we usually query database directly...

Hope it helps,
Nuno

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Yzelle, Sonette <SYzelle at unisa.ac.za>wrote:

> This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer.
> Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
>
> HI Jean-Francois,
>
> I don't know if this will really help you because we read the statistics
> per event and for a specific date.
> At Unisa we run a daily script to store our stats per site and event daily
> and monthly in a different table.
> Weekly we move our sakai-event and sakai-session data to an archive
> database.
>
> Selects that I use to read data from the archive database is (Oracle):
>
> getEventStatsMonthly
>        "SELECT COUNT(*) AS A
>        FROM   SAKAI_EVENT
>        WHERE  EVENT = 'event'
>        AND    TO_CHAR(EVENT_DATE,'YY-MM') = '"+forDate+"'";
>

> getEventStatsPerSite
>        "SELECT REF,COUNT(*) AS A
>        FROM   SAKAI_EVENT
>        WHERE  EVENT = 'event'
>        AND    TO_CHAR(EVENT_DATE,'YYYY-MM-DD') = '"+forDate+"'"
>        GROUP BY REF";
>
> getEventStatsPerSiteMonthly
>        "SELECT REF,COUNT(*) AS A
>      FROM   SAKAI_EVENT
>      WHERE  EVENT = 'event'
>        AND    TO_CHAR(EVENT_DATE,'YYY-MM') = '"+forDate+"' "+
>        GROUP BY REF";
>
> Regards
> Sonette
>
> Sonette Yzelle
> Analyst Developer
> ICT
> UNISA
> South Africa

Nuno Fernandes  .  { Analyst/Programmer }

|| web  . { http://www.ufp.pt  |  http://tinyurl.com/nfgrilo  |  follow_me @
nfgrilo }
|| work . { Universidade Fernando Pessoa  |  Praça 9 de Abril, 349  |
 4249-004 Porto }