[Deploying Sakai] MySQL clustering

Kusnetz, Jeremy JKusnetz at APUS.EDU
Thu Mar 18 06:03:44 PDT 2010

NDB doesn't support foreign  keys, and can be slow joining when the data
is on different nodes.  Besides the Sakai documentation states in
multiple places that NDB won't work.

NDB works best for simple queries without joins and databases that do
not need foreign keys.

From: warwick.chapman at gmail.com [mailto:warwick.chapman at gmail.com] On
Behalf Of Warwick Chapman
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:55 AM
To: Kusnetz, Jeremy
Cc: production
Subject: Re: [Deploying Sakai] MySQL clustering

Why won't NDB clustering work?

I did an implementation for a 100% uptime production line management
system last year where read/writes were shared between nodes in the
MySQL Cluster (NDB).  They still use it, seems solid and faster than the
single system they had before...

Notes from that one attached.

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Kusnetz, Jeremy <JKusnetz at apus.edu>