[Deploying Sakai] FW: MT deprecation recommendations for 2.7 (fwd)

May, Megan Marie mmmay at indiana.edu
Fri Mar 12 13:03:30 PST 2010

I confused by the fact that the maintenance team is providing recommendations for the 2.7 release.  According to the maintenance team confluence space [1] the MT does not work on release management or branch management.  While it makes sense that this team should weigh in on whether or not they have resources, is that really the charge of this group?  I would expect that a recommendation would come from the release management team.

The process and involvement of groups/teams in software releases is becoming increasingly unclear, undocumented and un-communicated.  Could we get some clarity around this? It's extremely hard to get a handle on 2.7 when this isn't known.

Megan

[1] http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MNT/process